Emma H. Rehm
|4625 Torley Street
Pittsburgh PA 15224
Skilled in issue management, facilitation, and gap analysis. Experienced in product development process, requirements gathering, and adoption planning. Strong multi-level communication and influential leadership skills. Agile and comfortable in start-up environments.
SKILLS & PROFICIENCIES
Business Process Development
- Able to build a process that meets all stakeholder requirements and strengthens employee relationships by illuminating team inter-dependencies
- Able to implement and facilitate adoption of new processes, through strategic planning and ongoing education and support
- Skilled in continuous process improvement, and eliciting and incorporating stakeholder feedback
- Process building experience in plant and manufacturing process scale up, verification and validation, process readiness, impact analysis, knowledge transfer, and trial management
Product Development and Change Management
- Proven ability to improve product iteration and roll-out speed and efficiency
- Skilled in defining Product Development Process (PDP) requirements, including documentation of successful completion of PDP stage
- Able to develop tools for tracking engineering history, design decisions, and due diligence
- Experience with Document Control best practices (documents, hard goods, and software)
Leadership and Management
- Certified Scrum Master, cPrime/Scrum Alliance, October 2012
- Experienced manager, including working with multiple groups and multiple sites
- Management style focused on building autonomous, effective, and efficient teams through clear expectation-setting, direct communication, and tactical training
- Product development tools (Agile PLM, Plex ERP)
- Process, schedule, and dependency mapping tools (MS Office, Visio, Project)
- Collaborative tools (Dropbox, Asana, Google apps, join.me, WebEx)
- Strong technical interview skills, including capturing key information and identifying incomplete processes and areas that are not well defined
- Able to build relationships with subject matter experts and follow up until all open items are resolved
- Skilled at understanding audience and document requirements (for example, a final deliverable or a snapshot of the state of a project)
Aquion Energy, Release Manager, February 2014 – present
Manage 26 product releases per year from Alpha stage through Production. Maintain technical product line documentation for 4 product families with 2-8 variants per family. Support 400 change orders annually to control production and ensure product is delivered to correct specifications. Manage Engineering Services team (4-6 people) responsible for: document control, change management, deviation administration, technical writing, and configuration management.
- Strengthened employee relationships and decreased change order turnaround time by improving cross-functional communication about impact.
- Built templates and tools to standardize methods, clarify responsibilities, and minimize delays (impact analysis template, Bill of Materials comparison tool, implementation plan template, release planning checklists and status tools, data and process review format, readiness review template).
Aquion Energy, Program Integration Facilitator, October 2012 – February 2014
Supported company expansion (including a tripled headcount and addition of three physical sites) by developing meeting/project facilitation guidelines, hosting working sessions across sites, and building trust across teams. Scrum Mastered process development team, establishing clearly defined requirements, which resulted in fast product iteration.
- Created program to facilitate knowledge transfer for process scale-up from pilot to manufacturing. Used structured report template, SIPOCs, process maps, control plans, and data sharing to summarize existing process knowledge, identify gaps, assess risks to production launch date, and prioritize actions to address and minimize risks.
- Developed master process flow diagram for entire manufacturing and quality operation (now used as an onboarding tool and as the primary impact analysis tool for proposed changes, resulting in more complete and accurate change packages and a better understanding of the product and its dependencies company-wide).
Aquion Energy, Technical Writer, October 2011 – October 2012
Documented all existing pilot processes and quality criteria. Defined and built method for creating new process documents and changing existing documents, including defining document requirements. Maintained technical product line documentation through rapid iteration.
- Created and documented a Pilot Work Request System (including resource allocation, technical content approval, prioritization matrix, work plan, and report templates) which is now standard company protocol for all trials.
- Identified need for, created, and implemented Production Readiness Review Process to confirm trial and validation readiness, leading to fewer errors and re-builds on the production floor.
Carnegie Mellon University, Chemistry Department, October 2010 – October 2011
Collaborated with the Associate Dean to prepare a briefing book covering five years of departmental data for advisory board. Taught myself Access and worked independently to create a database, analyzed graduate student data, prepared all data displays, and formatted and edited the book.
Penn’s Corner Farm Alliance, Seasonal Delivery Driver, June 2010 – September 2010
Planned route logistics with tight time constraints to deliver locally-grown produce to homes and restaurants on time. Fostered relationships between chefs, farmers, and individual consumers.
Allegheny Reproductive Health Center
Risk Manager, June 2005 – March 2010
Administrative Staff, August 2003 – June 2005
Developed comprehensive internal quality assurance program. Standardized existing internal and client-facing documentation. Created new medical records filing system and project plan for converting legacy systems. Tracked patient outcomes for regular review with medical staff. Retained medical staff licensure, insurance, and certifications.
Carnegie Mellon University, The ChemCollective (formerly the IrYdium Project)
Technical Writer & Community Developer, March 2001 – August 2005
Supported users of Carnegie Mellon-developed chemistry education software. Prepared workshop materials for domestic and international teachers. Edited articles and grant proposals. Maintained user guides, brochures, and project websites.
Carnegie Mellon University, B.A. in Professional Writing, 2003, University Honors
Company MVP Award, Aquion Energy, 2012
Charles C. Dawe Memorial Award (Creativity in Publishing Grant), 2002
COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT & VOLUNTEER EXPERIENCE
Fun-a-Day Project and Art Show, 2012 – 2016
Organize and promote annual month-long art project and art show that provides a welcoming creative environment for self-identified artists and novices alike. Includes coordination of participants, venue, media, art installation and de-installation, and volunteers of all skill levels. Participation has doubled each year.
Annual Blues and Folk Music Festival, 2008 – 2014
Host and organize an annual one-day music festival with 15-20 performers, promoting local musicians and facilitating grass-roots participation in the local music scene.
Facilitation Workshop, 2014
Developed content and taught facilitation skills workshop series to the Board of Directors of a local arts organization, improving morale, board member retention, and organizational effectiveness.
Friends of the Pittsburgh Urban Forest (now Tree Pittsburgh), Education & Outreach Intern, 2010
Developed educational tree- and forest-related activities for children, adults, and families. Maintained city trees as a trained Tree Tender.